L&B has listened to skydivers across the globe and has answered the call with OPTIMA II! The OPTIMA II is a more advanced audible altimeter with extremely accurate altitude detection.
OPTIMA II is so accurate that it has an added set of warning beeps that can be set for a specific altitude during normal and high speed landing approaches. This feature has been added to aid both swoopers and conservative pilots alike find the “sweet spot” for initiating landing sequences. It is recommended that your eyesight and your experience be the primary source of determining at what altitude to start your landing sequence or pattern approaches.
The OPTIMA II is an audible altimeter with freefall alerts, canopy descent warnings and landing guide tones. The canopy descent warnings and landing guide tones allow you to preset warning altitudes for use under canopy and, if desired, to provide timing beeps to help you track your landing pattern.
The Optima II is now water resistant! The OPTIMA II can be set on the ground or in the aircraft, and if the DZ elevation differs from that of the airport.
- Thin, ergonomic, comfortable curved design
- Durable rubberized coating
- LCD for easy- and intuitive operation
- 3 selectable freefall warning altitudes
- 1st and 2nd warnings: Different pulsating tones
- 3rd warning: High pitched siren
- Choice of 1, 2 or 3 warnings
- 3 selectable canopy flight warning altitudes
- Change warning alarm volume
- Individual freefall & canopy flight volume control settings
- Four memory banks for custom warning settings
- SWOOP warning bank featuring unique sequence of beeps to assist entering optimum swoop corridor
- Seven step warning pitch
- Easy and quick to set on the ground or in the aircraft and if the DZ elevation differs from that of the airport
- Feet/Meter selection
- Altitude selection interval: 10 Ft.
- VISUAL connection for flashing LED (Special order only)
- Displays present altitude during climb
- Built-in clock
- On/off mode
- Built-in mounting holes; fits any helmet, inside or outside
- Actual Dimensions: 2 3/16” x 1 5/8” x 3/8” [56 x 41 x 11 mm]
- Long lasting, easy to find batteries
- Larsen & Brusgaard recommends: 2- RENATA CR-2325, 3 Volt batteries
Extra accessories for the Optima II include a Protektor pocket for extra protection, Spare pocket for installing the audible into a Benny or ProTec and spare batteries. The Cookie Fuel helmet also has a custom side plate available to fit the Optima II for access to setting the altimeter from the outside of the helmet.
Optima II Audible Altimeter
- Product Code: Optima 2
- Availability: In Stock