The ARES™ is a digital faced visual altimeter for those military skydivers who prefer a digital display over a traditional analog display. ARES™ is packed with features and is the perfect visual solution for military skydivers. ARES™ can be set to display ALTITUDE or VERTICAL SPEED.
LB designed the ARES™ to be extremely easy to use and packed with features. The large number LCD screen is easy to recognize and read when the jumper is in freefall or under canopy. LB’s attention to detail with the variety of accessories allows military jumpers to personalize and customize to fit their mounting needs.
A specially designed Sew-On Pocket can be put on the ARES ™ to make it easier to attach to a glove, altimeter pillow, NAV board or jumpsuit and is a separate accessory. LB also offers an elastic arm mount with our molded pocket for secure arm mounting. The LB ARES™ Elastic Mount is available in camo colors and features a raised Lens Guard for great screen protection.
Check out the SOLO II™, OPTIMA II™, QUATTRO™, PROTRACK™ audible altimeters from LB and add an audible solution for the military jumper’s overall altitude awareness and redundancy.
- NEW HD High Contrast LCD Screen.
- NEW Thicker, beefier case at the same size.
- NEW Updated hardware components w/ a faster processor.
- Fits in ARES™ elastic or pocket mounts.
- Rugged rubberized coating.
- Electro-luminescent back light for night jumping-Can remain ON for several hours.
- Automatic calibration to local elevation on LCD screen for easy & intuitive operation and information review.
- Logbook with playback of altitude/speed profile for the last jump.
- Operational at sub-zero temperatures.
- Comes with hand mount with ARES™ holder.
- Stores up to 10 minutes of profile data for your last jump.
- Displays Alti-Meter or Speed-Meter details from exit to landing.
- Records and displays jump information about the last 200 jumps including exit altitude, deployment altitude, freefall time, max speed in freefall and max speed under canopy.
- Choice of readings in feet or meters as well as MPH or KMH.
- Actual Dimensions: 2 3/16” x 1 5/8” x 7/16” [56 x 41 x 13.5 mm]
Improvements over the VISO II+
- Quick take-off/landing zone altitude offset.
- Quick reset to ground zero.
- Quick access to backlight.
Downloads and manuals
Ares digital swoop and speed
- Brand: Larsen & Brusgaard
- Product Code: Ares
- Availability: In Stock